If you are not satisfied with the performance of an officer because you feel that officer has violated his/her roles and responsibilities, acted with misconduct, or mistreated someone, you may file a complaint against that officer. The LNP takes complaints seriously. The Professional Standards Department (PSD) is responsible for investigating all complaints, and the Civilian Complaints Review Board helps to ensure complaints are processed fairly.
To file a complaint or commendation for any officer, you can:
– visit any local station to request a form to fill out and submit at the station
– visit lnp.gov.lr and use the electronic form provided on the website
– download the mobile phone app at the Apple or Google Play stores
You do not need to know the officer’s name or ID number (although it is very helpful if you do). Please be sure to provide as much information and details as possible to help the PSD review/investigate your case including:
– Description of the officer (sex, approximate height, hair, body type, etc. as known)
– Day and time of the incident (be as specific as possible)
– Location of the incident (county, city, community, building, etc. as known)
– What happened (what was done, said, were witnesses, etc.)
Once a complaint or commendation is received, the LNP should provide you with a case number and communicate the progress of the case to you.