UN Foundation Delegation Visits LNP Headquarters
The Authority of the Liberia National Police received a high power delegation from the United Nations Foundation on Wednesday, March 28, 2018, at the headquarters of the Liberia National Police on Capitol Hill. The visitation of the twelve-member delegation was intended to assess the current status of the Liberia National Police in term of capacity building, logistical support and the working relationship between the Liberia National Police and the public after the departure of the United Nations Mission in Liberia.
During the meeting, Police Inspector General Patrick T. Sudue welcomed the UN delegation and extended heartfelt gratitude to the visiting UN envoys and termed the visit as timely and rewarding. He indicated his commitment to improving police services for the people of Liberia.
The United Nations Foundation is an advocate for the UN and a platform for connecting people, ideas and resources to help the United Nations solve global problems, specifically to educate and advocate with the U.S. Congress, the Administration, and the American public on the work of the United Nations.
The members of the visiting delegation include:
- Will Scheffer, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)
- Ryan Evans, Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA)
- Oumou Ly, Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY)
- Ryan Doherty, Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE)
- Rachana Shah, Rep. Grace Meng (D-NY)
- Walter Gonzales, Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD)
- Ryan Uyehara, Rep. Ami Bera (D-MA)
- Eliza Ramirez, Rep. Michael Capuano (D-MA)
- Peter Yeo, Senior Vice President of Policy & Advocacy, UN Foundation
- Chandrima Das, Director, Peacekeeping Policy, UN Foundation
- Kathryn Kross, Executive Director, Communications, UN Foundation
- Elise Edwards, Senior International Advance Officer, UN Foundation